Best of 2017 - Mary

Estou orgulhosa de mim! Foi um ano em que voltei a não fazer nenhum registo de todos os looks de 2017, mas estou a conseguir lembrar-me de grande parte e completar esta tarefa que geralmente se complica quando chegamos a Mary, no nosso segundo Best of de hoje.
I'm proud of myself! It was a year when I did not make any record of all the looks of 2017 once again, but I can remember a lot of them and complete this task that usually complicates when we get to Mary in our second Best of today.

Princesa da Coroa Mary da Dinamarca / Crown Princess Mary of Denmark


Categoria "Eu sou Princesa" / "I am a Princess Category"

Embed from Getty Images
Tal como Victoria nos Nobel, geralmente conto com o Banquete de Ano Novo na Dinamarca para tirar o vencedor desta categoria para Mary. Tal como Victoria, este ano tal não aconteceu com Mary.
Na realidade meus queridos, não houve nenhum look com Tiara para Mary este ano, dos 4 que vimos, que me deixasse deslumbrada. É a verdade chocante. Ainda assim rendo-me ao look usado no inicio do ano para uma das Recepções de Ano Novo, porque é uma reciclagem maravilhosa, porque é um vestido lindo e porque temos ordens e faixas para dar um ar mais principesco ao conjunto, para compensar a falta de tiara! Tens um ano para nos compensares, Mary!
Like Victoria at the Nobel, I usually count on the New Year's Banquet in Denmark to take the winner of this category to Mary. Like Victoria, this year that did not happen for Mary, neither.
In fact, my dear ones, there was no look with Tiara for Mary this year, of the four that we saw, that left me dazzled. It's the shocking truth. Still I surrender to the look used at the beginning of the year for one of the New Year's Receptions, because it is a wonderful recycling, because it is a beautiful dress and because we have orders and sashes to give a more princely air to the set, to compensate for the lack of tiara. You have a year to make up us, Mary!

Categoria "Requinte é Classe" / "Polished is Classy" Category

Embed from Getty Images
Aqui foi fácil. Poderia ser muito difícil, tantos foram os looks elegantes, profissionais, femininos, simples ou mais sofisticados que Mary nos apresentou.
Mas existem looks que são a prova viva que é preciso muito mais que roupas caras e uma cara bonita, para fazer um visual resultar por inteiro. É preciso atitude. Este look branco integral foi a prova viva que Mary sabe o que usa, e usa aquilo que ela sabe que vai conseguir fazer resultar para ela! Sublime!
It was easy here. It could be very difficult, so many were the elegant, professional, feminine, simple or more sophisticated looks  that Mary presented us during the year.
But there are looks that are living proof that it takes much more than expensive clothes and a beautiful face, to make a visual result in full. It takes attitude. This full-white look was the living proof that Mary knows what she wears, and uses what she knows she can make it work for her! Sublime!

Categoria "Grrr..." / "Grrr..." Category
Sarah Christine Nørgaard, Scanpix © via Kongehuset.dk

Desde que Mary Donaldson apareceu na vida na Realeza europeia, eu sempre gostei dela. Nem sempre gostei do seu estilo, obviamente resultado do seu tempo e adaptação a uma nova realidade, e que foi sendo aprimorado com o passar dos anos. Este look usado recentemente num jantar de gala lembrou-me a Mary de 2004 recém-casada com o Príncipe da Coroa da Dinamarca. E eu não precisava de ser lembrada desta versão da minha Princesa favorita, porque na realidade não sentia saudades.
Ever since Mary Donaldson came to European Royalty's life, I have always liked her. I did not always like her style, obviously the result of her time and adaptation to a new reality, and that has been improved over the years. This look used recently at a gala event reminded me of Mary 2004 newly married to the Crown Prince of Denmark. And I did not need to be reminded of this version of my favorite Princess, because I did not really miss her.

E para vocês, qual foi o melhor e o pior de Mary da Dinamarca?
And to you, what was the best and worst of Mary in Denmark?

Comentários

  1. I agree with you on "i am a princess" dress....it's perfect!!! When it comes to the worse outfit, it was kinda easy this time. That gold dress with the purple cape she was wearing at the New Year reception ...with the hair and make...oh dear, that was so bad. I will never forget that. But I have to say, CP Mary is one of my royal favourite :-)

    ResponderEliminar

Enviar um comentário